April 26, 2023
Sticky Cranberry & Garlic Chicken
This Cranberry & Garlic Chicken is sweet, savory, and sticky making it the perfect meal for special occasions.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 3 chicken Maryland’s and 3 drumsticks
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- Sprigs of Lemon thyme
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup sweet barbeque sauce (available from Asian supermarkets)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- 2tbs brown sugar
- ¼ cup sticky balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Mince garlic finely.
- Place minced garlic, BBQ sauce, soy sauce, juice, brown sugar and balsamic vinegar into a 28cm Bessemer frypan. Over a warm heat stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and sauces are mixed well.
- Set aside.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a 28cm Bessemer Dutch oven or Casserole dish, heat olive oil and gently pan fry chicken pieces until golden brown, but not cooked through.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Pour sauce over chicken pieces and scatter cranberries and some of lemon thyme over the top.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 mins or until chicken is cooked. Halfway through the cooking time, carefully glaze the chicken with the juices in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot with your choice of vegetables or salad.
Used to make this recipe: Bessemer 3 Piece Cookware Starter Set 28cmBack to blog