Southern BBQ Spiced Chicken Marylands
Enjoy this tender and succulent Southern BBQ Spiced Chicken Marylands recipe, featuring The Healthy Fry Multi Dual Zone 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Preparation time: 5 minutes (+30 minutes marinating time)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 chicken Marylands
- 1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground fennel
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all the spices for the BBQ rub in a small bowl.
- Use your fingers to separate the chicken skin from the leg meat.
- Stuff ½ tbsp of the rub beneath the skin, all over the outside of the chicken.
- For best results, leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, pat the chicken dry with paper towel and place into the air fryer drawer on the frying tray.
- Select the (CHICKEN) function and adjust the time to 30 minutes. Press (START/STOP) to start the function.
- Serve the chicken marylands whole, with extra spice rub sprinkled on top. Alternatively shred the chicken meat from the legs and serve on soft rolls. Pair this recipe with the "Potato Wedges" recipe, cooking in the next drawer for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Healthy Fry Multi Dual Zone 9L Air FryerBack to blog