April 27, 2023
Slow Cooked Beef Stew
Everyone's favourite comforting beef stew made easily with the Baccarat The Tasty Chef 6L Slow Cooker.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g speck, cut into lardons
- 1.5kg chuck steak, diced
- ¼ cup plain flour 250ml red wine 500ml beef stock
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised 4 sprigs thyme
- 500g carrots, diced
- 500g baby potatoes, halved
- 200g button mushrooms, trimmed and halved Flaked salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch parsley, to serve
Back to blog
- Place the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the speck and cook for 5 minutes until crispy, Add to the slow cooker.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, toss the beef through ensuring each piece is well coated. Place the pan back over a medium-high heat and cook the beef in batches until well browned. Transfer the cooked beef to the slow cooker with the bacon.
- Place the pan back over the heat and deglaze the hot pan with the red wine. Add the stock, bring to a boil then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the Baccarat The Tasty Chef 6L Slow Cooker and stir well to combine.
- Put the slow cooker lid into position then turn the appliance on. Press the up arrow to 08.0 (8 hours) then select the Low function. The decimal will flash to show the function has begun.
- Once the setting has completed, garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a green salad. Enjoy!