April 27, 2023
Gnocchi with Tomato
Gnocchi with Tomato is a delicious meal that is guaranteed to impress. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 250ml tomato passata sauce
- 2 sprigs basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, flakes
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 -2 packets premade gnocchi
- Thinly shaved parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat oil in Baccarat Saute pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add wine; cook until most liquid has evaporated. Add tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, basil, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until slightly thick, about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Bring a large pot water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add the gnocchi.
When the gnocchi rise to the top (after about 2 minutes), continue to cook until tender. Transfer gnocchi with a slotted spoon to pan with sauce. Gently toss to coat gnocchi.
- Serve with shaved parmesan and a sprig of basil.
Back to blog
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat Le Connoisseur Round French Saute Pan 31cm Teal