Whip up a delicious this Easy Paella recipe by @createcookshare! Flavourful, fuss-free, and ready in no time!
Preparation and Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 7.5 cups chicken broth / stock, heated
- 250g chorizo, sliced 5mm thick
- 3 chicken thigh fillets, sliced 1cm
- 16 prawns, peeled with heads and tails intact
- 16 calamari rings
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced (or 400g diced tomatoes canned)
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1.5 teaspoons paprika
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Generous amount of salt and pepper
- Add EVOO, onion, garlic, capsicum and chorizo and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, saffron and cook for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes then add the rice and heated chicken stock. Season generously and stir making sure the rice is evenly distributed and in an even layer.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Nestle into the rice the calamari and prawns and sprinkle the peas over the top. Cook for 2 minutes and then turn over the prawns and calamari and cook a further 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover with foil and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon zest, lemon juice and fresh parsley. Serve immediately!