Easy Moist Chocolate Cake
Whip this Easy Moist Chocolate Cake recipe together in no time, featuring The Ultimate Loaf Bread Maker by Baccarat.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 300ml sour cream
- 275g (1 ¼ cup) caster sugar
- 190g (1 ½ cup) plain flour
- 60g (½ cup) cocoa powder
- 5g (1 tsp) table salt
- 2g (½ teaspoon) baking soda
- 2g (½ teaspoon) baking powder
Chocolate Buttercream (optional)
- 150g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 20g melted butter
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Fix the kneading paddles onto the drive shafts and add the eggs, butter, sour cream and sugar into the bread pan, followed by the sifted dry ingredients.
- Press the 'Menu' button and select the '8' (CAKE) function, then press 'START/STOP' to begin the cycle.
- After five minutes, scrape down the sides of the bread pan with a spatula.
- Once the baking cycle is complete, press 'START/STOP' and remove the cake from the bread pan. Cool to room temperature for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Cool to room temperature if icing.
- To make the chocolate buttercream, beat together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter until smooth. Add the condensed milk gradually to reach a spreadable consistency. Spread onto the cooled chocolate cake.
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Ultimate Loaf Bread MakerBack to blog