April 26, 2023
Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with this creamy baked mac and cheese recipe.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 500g Macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 250g Keiserfleisch or Thick Cut Bacon (remove rind)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 500g Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Cups Grated Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary Leaves
- Salt Flakes and Cracked Pepper (to taste)
Back to blog
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cook macaroni in a pot of water with salt added until al dente. Drain the pasta when cooked and put aside to cool slightly. Chop the keiserfleisch into small batons. Pre-mix the milk, mascarpone, salt and pepper, and half of the cheddar in a bowl and set aside.
- In the Baccarat Le Connoisseur Round French Oven 6.3L, heat the oil over a high heat and fry the keiserfleisch until crispy. Remove when cooked and set aside.
- Using the same pot, place the pasta and milk/cheese mix in, and return to a high heat until mixture is simmering. Warm through completely, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle cooked keiserfleisch, remaining cheddar, cracked pepper, and rosemary in the oven for 10-15 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.