April 26, 2023
Chai Tea Mix
Relax and recharge with this fortifying Chai Tea recipe, featuring The Flavour Blast Blender & Grinder by Baccarat.
(makes 2 batches of 500ml)
- 10 green cardamom pods
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick– split lengthwise
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp or good quality loose leaf black tea
- 1 cup milk of your choice (dairy, soy or nut)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 cup of water
- 2 slices ginger (or more to taste, skin on)
Back to blog
- Place all spices (except bay leaves, ginger and tea) into the stainless steel grinder on The Flavour Blast Blender & Grinder and pulse until a chunky consistency (or finer if you desire).
- Pour into a glass jar and mix in the black tea and hand crush the bay leaves into the mix.
- Give a good shake.
- Place 2 tbsp of mixture into a saucepan with 1 cup of water and 2 slices of fresh ginger (reserve the rest for another time).
- Bring to a boil and turn the off heat (don’t continue to boil the tea, it may get bitter) and let it steep at least 10 minutes or for a few hours (The longer, the more flavour).
- Add your choice of milk. Bring to a simmer once more, turn off the heat.
- Stir in honey.
- Strain into a mug to enjoy hot, reserve the remainder into a jar in the fridge.