Basic Pizza Dough
Create the foundation of all pizza with this Basic Pizza Dough recipe, featuring The Gourmet Slice by Baccarat.
Preparation and Cooking Time: 120 minutes
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 250ml of warm water
- 475g of strong flour (00 flour)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (plus extra for greasing)
- Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together in a small jug, leave for 5 minutes until frothy. Stir in olive oil.
- Sift flour and salt into a large stand mixer bowl. Pour in yeast mixture. Using the dough hook, mix on low for 10 minutes (conversely knead by hand until dough is smooth and elastic)
- Lightly grease a clean bowl and place dough inside. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for 1 hour, until double in size.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Use your fists to knock dough back to let any air out.
- Portion into 3 and work into 3 balls.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray, cover and leave in a warm place to prove for a further 15 minutes.
- Your Pizza base is now ready for The Gourmet Slice Pizza Oven.