This baked meatball recipe is perfect for a winter's night in! You’ll love this easy recipe by @countdown_til_dinner
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 750g Mince (can use pork, veal, beef, or turkey)
- 1 Brown Onion (grated)
- 1 Zucchini (grated)
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley (minced)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 700g Jar Passata
- 4 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- For the sauce, add olive oil to a pan and sauté garlic. Add passata, salt, and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the basil.
- In a bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix and form into balls.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce, making sure the meatballs are coated in sauce. Simmer for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Top with cheese and broil in the oven until cheese is golden and bubbly.