April 26, 2023
Complete your fish and chips with this creamy Aioli recipe, featuring The Quick Mix Stick Blender Set from Baccarat.
(Makes approx. 250ml)
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Tip: Try seasoning with cayenne pepper to give an added punch of flavour
Back to blog
- Crush with the back of a chef’s knife the garlic, add ½ teaspoon of salt and continue to crush into a paste.
- Place yolks, garlic, and lemon juice in the beaker. Pour light olive oil on top and allow to settle for 15 seconds.
- Place head of blending bar at bottom of beaker and switch on The Quick Mix Stick Blender Set. As aioli forms, slowly tilt and lift the head of the blending bar until all oil is emulsified.
- Transfer aioli to a medium bowl. Change the appliance to the whisking head.
- Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.