Roasted & Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
A tasty vegetarian alternative for Dinner!
- Mini pumpkins – top sliced off and insides hollowed out, discard insides.
- One cup Basmati rice
- 1/3 cup of chopped dried cranberries
- 100 gms Feta cheese crumbled
- 100gms butternut pumpkin chopped into small cubes
- 30gms Pine nuts
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- ¾ Onion
- Olive oil
- Cook rice according to the directions. Set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in the baking dish. Fry garlic and onion until fragrant and softened. Add cranberries, pine nuts and cubes of pumpkin and cook until pumpkin is softened.
- Add rice and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon cooked filling mix into hollowed mini pumpkins. Rub a little olive oil all over the outside of the pumpkins and place into the pan. Place pumpkin lids on top of pumpkins.
- Cook pumpkins in the oven (175C) until roasted and soft but still holding shape and filling.
Product used in image: Bessemer Non Stick Round Cook n Bake 37cmBack to blog