Raspberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal
Spice up your morning oats with this delicious Raspberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal recipe from @lalasplate
Preparation time: 1 hour
2 Cups Rolled Oats (use gluten free oats or quinoa flakes for gluten free option)
1 ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
3 Tablespoons Desiccated Coconut
1/2 Cup Mashed Banana
2 1/2 Cups Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseed
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil (plus extra to grease)
1 ½ Cups Raspberries (thawed if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a pie tin with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder, coconut sugar and two tablespoons of desiccated coconut. Mix well with a spatula and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl add mashed banana, almond milk, flaxseed, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Whisk well together until combined. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow flaxseed to thicken.
- Pour the two mixtures together and stir well to combine. Fold through the raspberries.
- Add raspberry oat mixture to a greased pie tin and smooth flat with a spatula. Sprinkle over the remaining tablespoon of desiccated coconut.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving. Try pairing it with oat milk ice cream or coconut yoghurt.