Mini Smoked Salmon Tarts
Take your appetisers to the next level with scrumptious Mini Smoked Salmon Tarts.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 3 sheets pre-made puff pastry
- ¼ cup sour cream (50grams)
- ¼ cup milk (60ml)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions finely chopped, whites only
- 90grams smoked salmon,
- 60grams cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced), and lightly oil a 24 cup mini muffin pan.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds of puff pastry and fit them into the muffin pan, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the sour cream, milk, egg, pinch of salt, and chives.
- Into each tart, add some chopped spring onion and a small piece of smoked salmon. Cover with a few teaspoons of egg mixture and top with grated cheese. Don’t overfill the tarts or they will spill over when baked.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Decorate with fresh chopped chives, and serve warm or at room temperature.