For a tasty twist on traditional lasagne, our Mexican Lasagne uses corn tortillas. Serve with a leafy green salad.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion – finely diced
- 500gms minced beef
- 2 tins crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 small tin of black beans
- 80gms baby spinach leaves
- 5 large corn tortillas
- 1 tub spreadable cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheese – Mexican blend
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat olive oil and chilli flakes on a high heat until hot.
- Add diced onion and fry until transparent and golden. Add mince and cook until broken up and browned.
- Add beans and spinach and warm through until spinach has wilted.
- Add tomatoes and stir well into meat mixture. Let simmer for 15 mins for flavours to develop. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm on the stove or in oven at 170C.
- Begin layering process by spreading one tortilla with cream cheese spread and place into base of Baccarat Le Connoisseur Saute pan. Top with a layer of meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese. Repeat the process until the saute pan is full.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the last layer.
- Place pan under a hot grill to melt the cheese and finish the process.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Back to blog
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat Le Connoisseur Round French Saute Pan 31cm Ink