April 26, 2023
Enjoy baking these super easy crispy hasselback potatoes!
- 6-7 large potatoes
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
Back to blog
- Put potatoes into a pot of water and heat until just simmering. Cook the potatoes for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the water and allow to cool until able to be handled.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Slice a small amount of one of the sides of each potato so it sits flat on a board. Putting the flat side down, cut vertically ¾ of the way through each potato being careful not to cut all the way through. Put the potatoes in the baking dish.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the potatoes with olive oil, allowing some to get into the slices. Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake for an hour or until the tops of the potato are crispy remaining in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and stock, with about ½ a cup of the liquid from the meat, until there are no lumps. Return this to the pan and mix to combine.
- Place the pan over medium heat and allow to thicken, stirring occasionally. Simmer until desired consistency, or add some water to thin down.
- Slice the turkey and serve with gravy and cranberry sauce.