April 27, 2023
Crispy Lemon Pepper Prawns
This light and refreshing Crispy Lemon Pepper Prawns recipe, cooked in the Baccarat The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer, is the perfect summertime appetiser.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Serves 4 (as a snack)
- 600g Whole green prawns, peeled with tails intact (350g peeled)
- ½ Cup cornflour
- ¼ Cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- ½ Tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Lemon, to serve
- Olive oil spray
Back to blog
- Combine the cornflour, water, zest, garlic, salt and pepper into a medium-sized bowl and mix well to combine.
- Select the Preheat icon on the Baccarat The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity liberally with cooking oil.
- Dip half the prawns into the cornflour mixture. Shake to remove the excess batter then arrange on the tray in an even single layer, ensuring they're not touching.
- Spray the prawns with a light coating of oil, close the drawer and select the Shellfish icon. Use the +/- icon to increase the default temperature to (200°C) and decrease the cooking time to 6 minutes, and press start.
- Open the drawer at the halfway mark and turn the prawns over. Close the drawer and allow the setting to finish. Repeat with the remaining prawns then serve with a sprinkling of sea salt and a wedge of lemon and enjoy.