Creamy Vegetable Soup
Take a comforting journey with every spoonful of this velvety Creamy Vegetable Soup, a bowlful of pure goodness.
- 250 gms frozen vegetables- carrots, peas, corn, etc
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cups cream
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese
- Start by melting butter in a Baccarat saucepan.
- Next, add the onion, garlic, thyme, seasonings, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Then, whisk in 1 cup of broth. Heat until bubbling, then add the vegetables and the other cup of broth reserving 100mls for flour mix. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Once that is complete, mix flour with reserved broth heated, add in cream, and stir well. Pour flour and cream mix into pot.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves a sprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired and serve with crusty bread.
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat Le Connoisseur Cast Iron Saucepan 16cm 1.5L RedBack to blog