Chicken and Shitake Mushroom Dumplings
Make your new favourite dinner with this chicken and shitake mushroom dumplings recipe.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 1 Pack of Wonton Wrappers
- 250g Chicken Mince
- 200g Fresh Shitake Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 10 Dried Shitake Mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons Spring Onions (chopped)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Chinese Cooking Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Palm Sugar
- Place chicken and all other ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Place an individual wrapper on a board and place two teaspoons of the mixture into the centre of the wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with water and fold the edges into your desired dumpling shape. Fold all four corners into the middle, or if your wrappers are round, fold two sides up and crimp to create a half-moon shape.
- Place two cups of water in the 28cm Bessemer Dutch Oven. Rub a little oil in the base of the steamer and then place the steamer insert on top of the Dutch oven. Place dumplings into the steamer, place the lid on, and allow water to boil and steam dumplings. Allow 10-15 minutes of cooking time.
- Alternatively, steam and fry the dumplings in the 32cm Bessemer Non-Stick Multi Fry Pan. Lightly oil the base of the frypan and place dumplings in the pan. Lightly fry the base of the dumplings and then add water until it reaches just above the base of the dumplings. Place the lid on top and allow dumplings to fry and steam at the same time.
- Serve with desired dipping sauce or in a chines broth with noodles.