BBQ-Style Whole Chicken
Put a spin on your barbecue repertoire with this BBQ-Style Whole Chicken recipe, featuring The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 2kg whole chicken, trussed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cooking spray
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and pat it dry with paper towel 1 hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature and cook more evenly.
- Combine the olive oil with the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Rub this mixture all over the chicken and set aside.
- Select the Preheat icon on The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity lightly with cooking oil. Place the chicken onto the tray and spray with a light coating of oil. Close the drawer, select the Chicken icon (200°C) and use the +/- icon to increase the default cooking time to 50 minutes, and press start.
- Open the drawer at the halfway mark and baste the chicken with the cooking juice. Close the drawer and allow the setting to finish. Rest the chicken for 10 minutes then carve and pour the cooking juices back over the sliced chicken. Serve with your favourite sides and enjoy!