No-Fail Pici Pasta
Unlock pasta perfection with the foolproof No-Fail Pici Pasta recipe, featuring The Ultimate Loaf Bread Maker by Baccarat.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 400g Semola Rimancinata (Double Milled Durum Semolina Flour)
- 200g (200ml) Warm Water
- Fix the kneading paddles onto the drive shafts and add the water into the bread pan, followed by the semolina flour. Close the lid.
- Press the 'Menu' button and select the '7' (KNEAD) function then press 'START/STOP' to begin the cycle.
- After approx. 3 minutes, use a spatula to release any bits of dough stuck to the sides, then continue the kneading cycle.
- Once the knead cycle has completed, press 'START/STOP' remove the dough and wrap with cling wrap. Rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap the dough, then use a rolling pin to roll into a 1cm thick dough. Avoid adding flour as this will interfere with rolling.
- Cut the dough into roughly 1cm thick strips.
- Use your fingers to roll each strip into a thick spaghetti shape, roughly 30cm in length. Transfer to a tray dusted with semolina flour.
- Cook the Pici Pasta in salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until al dente. Serve with a simple tomato sauce and parmesan cheese.
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Ultimate Loaf Bread MakerBack to blog