Honey Roasted Dutch Carrots with Persian Feta and Dukka
Experience side dish perfection with this Honey Roasted Dutch Carrots with Persian Feta and Dukka, featuring The Healthy Fry Multi Dual Zone 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Hard Vegetables Function
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 bunch (400g) Dutch carrots (trimmed and washed)
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp sea salt 10g honey
- 30g Persian fetta, to serve
- 40g dukkah, to serve
- ½ cup shelled pistachio kernels, roasted, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup peeled hazelnuts, roasted, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- ½ tbsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- ½ tsp sea salT
- For the dukkah, add the sesame, cumin, coriander, and fennel to the air fryer drawer. Alternatively, toast in a dry frying pan over medium heat until aromatic.
- Select the (HARD VEGETABLES) function and adjust time to 3 minutes. Press (START/STOP) to start the function. After the 3 minutes is complete, coarsely crush the ingredients with a mortar and pestle.
- Add the pistachio and hazelnuts to the air fryer drawer. Select the (HARD VEGETABLES) function and adjust time to 3 minutes. Press (START/STOP) to start the function. After the 3 minutes is complete, roughly chop or pulse the ingredients with a food processor.
- Mix the crushed nuts, spices, and sea salt together and set aside.
- Add the carrots to the air fryer drawer on top of the frying tray, then add the olive oil and salt to coat the carrots.
- Select the (HARD VEGETABLES) function, adjust the time to 30 minutes and press (START/STOP) to begin the function.
- After 1O minutes, pull out the drawer and toss the carrots. Push the drawer back into the appliance to resume the menu function.
- After a further 15 minutes, pull out the drawer, add the honey and stir to coat.
- Return the drawer to the air fryer to cook for the remaining five minutes.
- Place the carrots on a serving plate and drizzle over the roasting juices.
- Crumble the Persian feta on top and finish with dukkah. Pair this recipe with the 'Herb and Parmesan Crusted Rack of Lamb' recipe cooking in the other drawer for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Healthy Fry Multi Dual Zone 9L Air FryerBack to blog