October 24, 2023
Espresso Chocolate Lava Cake
This divine Espresso Chocolate Lava Cake recipe is guaranteed to impress, featuring The Healthy Fry Multi Dual Zone 9L Air Fryer by Baccarat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 50g unsalted butter, diced
- 60g dark chocolate
- 1 extra large egg
- 30g caster sugar
- 15g espresso (1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 15g hot water)
- 30g plain flour
- 1g (1/8 tsp) fine salt
- Cooking spray
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Melt the butter and the chocolate over a pot of simmering water, then leave to cool for five minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then mix in the coffee. Whisk the egg and coffee mixture into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Whisk together the salt and plain flour, then fold into the rest of the ingredients.
- Spray the insides of 2 x 200ml (9cm diameter) ramekins with cooking spray.
- Divide the cake mixture evenly among the two ramekins (approx.½ cup/ 140g per ramekin).
- Place the ramekins into the air fryer drawer, on top of the frying tray.
- Select the (CAKE) function and adjust the time to 8 minutes. Press (START/STOP) to start the function.
- After 4 minutes, pull out the drawer and rotate the ramekins. Insert the drawer back into the appliance and the menu function will resume. The appliance will pause when the drawer is pulled out and will resume the menu function once the drawer is inserted back into the appliance.
- Once function is complete, carefully remove the ramekins from the air fryer drawer and invert onto serving plates.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Used to make this recipe: Baccarat The Healthy Fry Multi Dual Zone 9L Air FryerBack to blog