Easy Vegetable Lasagne
The Baccarat The Tasty Chef 6L Slow Cooker makes delicious lasagne that is loaded with vegetables and a perfect weeknight dinner!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g zucchini, sliced lengthways (2mm) 280g baby spinach
- 600g ricotta cheese 100g parmesan, grated 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, finely grated
- 700g passata
- 100g fresh mozzarella, drained and torn
- 6 fresh lasagne sheets
- Flaked salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch basil leaves, picked
- Place the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Season the zucchini strips, saute for minutes to soften then set aside to cool.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the spinach. Cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Set aside to cool then squeeze to remove any remaining liquid and roughly chop.
- Combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg and nutmeg in a medium bowl and season well to taste. Stir through the cooled spinach and then set aside.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with olive oil spray. Place 150g of the passata into the base and spread into an even layer. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets followed by¼ of the ricotta mixture and ¼ of the sliced zucchini.
- Repeat the layers of passata, lasagne sheets, ricotta, and zucchini. (You should have enough for 4 layers in total.)
- Spread the remaining passata over the surface and top with torn mozzarella.
- Place a layer of paper towel under the lid of the slow cooker to create a tight seal and to absorb any excess moisture.
- Turn the slow cooker on, press the up arrow to 02.8 (2 hours 48 minutes) then select the Low function. The decimal will flash to show the function has begun.
- Once the setting has completed, place the inner pot under the grill for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad and enjoy!