Crispy Roast Pork Belly
This amazing, crackling Crispy Roast Pork Belly is cooked in only 30 minutes with use of the incredible Baccarat The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer.
Preparation time: 10 minutes (+overnight drying)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1kg boneless pork belly
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- Unwrap the pork belly and place on a plate in the refrigerator, uncovered, overnight. This allows the pork to dry out resulting in the perfect crackle.
- Use a sharp knife to score in the rind, being careful not to penetrate the meat.
- Rub the salt into the rind followed by the olive oil.
- Select the Preheat icon on the Baccarat The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity liberally with cooking oil.
- Place the pork belly onto the tray, close the drawer and select the Ribs icon. Use the +/- icon to increase the default temperature to (200°C) and the cooking time to 20 minutes and press start.
- After 20 minutes, reduce the temperature to (160°C) and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reads (60°C) on a kitchen thermometer.
- Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into portions. Serve with a fresh crispy slaw and enjoy!