The Baccarat The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer helps you to create this super crunchy Chicken Schnitzel recipe using only a couple of sprays of cooking oil.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 24 minutes
- 4 x 180g chicken fillets, trimmed
- 2 Cups panko crumbs
- ¼ cup (10g) finely grated parmesan
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup milk
- ¼ Cup plain flour
- 2 Tsp sea salt
- ½ Tsp cracked black pepper
- Olive oil spray
- Place the chicken between two sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place the panko, parmesan, zest and parsley in a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk. Place the flour, salt and pepper in a third shallow bowl and set aside.
- Toss the chicken one at a time through the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture ensuring both sides are coated then press into the panko. Repeat with the remaining chicken then transfer to a plate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Select the Preheat icon on the Baccarat The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity liberally with cooking oil. Place two schnitzels onto the tray ensuring they're evenly spaced and not touching and spray with a light coating of oil. Close the drawer, select the Chicken icon (200°C) and use the +/- icon to decrease the default cooking time to 12 minutes and press start.
- Transfer the cooked schnitzels to a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining schnitzels. Serve with your favourite sides and enjoy!