April 26, 2023
Beef Satay Skewers
Savour these delightfully marinated Beef Satay Skewers, seared with the The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer.
- 800g rump steak (sliced in 1cm strips)
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 400g can coconut milk
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp ketchup manis
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Cooking spray
- 8 metal skewers
Back to blog
- Place the beef in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the red curry paste and ¼ cup of the coconut milk. Mix well to combine and then set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of curry paste into a medium saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes to bring out the flavours. Add the remaining coconut milk, peanut butter, ketchup manis, salt and lemon juice and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste and set aside.
- Divide the marinated beef between 8 skewers.
- Select the Preheat icon on the The Healthy Fry 9L Air Fryer and press start. Once the 3 minute preheating setting has completed, open the drawer and spray the cavity lightly with cooking oil. Place four skewers onto the frying tray ensuring they’re evenly spaced and not touching and spray with a light coating of oil.
- Close the drawer, select the Meat icon (200°C) and use the +/- icon to decrease the default cooking time to 8 minutes, and press start.
- Open the drawer at the halfway mark and turn the skewers over. Spray lightly with oil, close the draw and allow the setting to finish. Repeat this process with the remaining skewers.
- Brush the cooked beef skewers with satay sauce and serve over steamed rice and shaved savoy cabbage. Serve with an extra dollop of satay sauce on the side. Enjoy!