Christmas Sugar Cookies
Create your own fun centerpiece with the The Soffritto Christmas Kids Cookie Baking Set! This baking set is a great activity to do with the kids and you can fill the sleigh with sweet treats!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour 1/2 cup cornflour
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Using a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg. Beat until combined.
- Sift flour and cornflour over butter mixture. Mix well. Press into a disc shape, wrap in baking paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper. Roll each disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3mm-thick. Using your biscuit cutters, cut out as many shapes as possible. Roll any left over pastry back into a ball and repeat until all of the pastry is used.
- Place onto prepared trays. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Have fun with your decorating using the Soffritto Christmas Kids Cookie Baking Set! This baking set is a great activity to do with the kids and you can fill the sleigh with sweet treats!: The decorations can be as simple or as complex as you like, anything from a sprinkle of icing sugar to cut out shapes from pre-made ready rolled icing (available from most supermarkets). Try piped designs using a basic Royal Icing mix in your squeeze bottle. Add colour to your icing with food safe colour or decorate with cachous, dried rose petals or sprinkles. Enjoy!